laura -|- 23 -|- human
I don’t usually reblog SJW things but this one is actually really good, like, less aggressive and just honest. Yeah, there are lots of unsexy men in sitcoms who date hot girls. It’s actually a thing. I never thought about that. And the last one… well that’s a punch in the face really. well done, these guys! We should spread this thing, and not just on tumblr.
so apparently people talk to their pets in baby voices, but when i see my cat i’m just like ‘hey brad’ and he’s like ‘meow’ and the conversation is over.
I don’t know why but for some reason the fact that your cat’s name is brad is hilarious to me
There has only been five female characters comfirmed playable compared to fifteen male characters.
I’m amazed at those exact numbers because 33% is the point where men will start thinking there’s a majority of women in a group.
AUGH THE STATISTIC AT THE END JESUS CHRIST
I think this is necessary to post. I see a lot of people “saving” bunnies.
"*Bunnies are one of the most frequently “kidnapped” mammal species.
*Mothers dig a very shallow nest in the ground that is easily uncovered when mowing or raking the yard. If you find a rabbit nest-leave it alone!!
*Mother rabbits only return to the nest two or three times a day, usually before dawn and right after dusk.
*To determine if they are orphaned, either place a string across the nest in a tic-tac-toe shape or circle the nest with flour. Check the nest the next day. If the string or flour is disturbed, the mother has returned. If not, take the bunnies to a rehabilitator.
* A bunny that is bright eyed and 4-5 inches long is fully independent and does NOT need to be rescued!
*If you find a bunny that does need to be rescued, put it in a dark, quiet location. Bunnies are a prey species and while they may look calm, they are actually very, very scared!”
Never knew this, keeping this for reference
As a student of Veterinary Medicine I can completely confirm this! Do NOT take them out of their nest unless you’re 100% sure that the mother did not come back for them after at least one day!
my sister works at a wildlife center and ppl bring her bunnies all the time and it SUCKS because they can’t take in jackrabbits which are native to our area and ppl always bring them in because they unknowingly took them from their nests!!! :(
"White people built america"
"Columbus is a hero"
"Survival of the fittest"
"Slavery, segregation, some MLK & Rosa Parks happened, end of racism"
"The Melting Pot"
"Land of the free/opportunity"
Asked by Anonymous
I have some questions for you, actually.
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a gang sign
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
- White people literally cannot emphasize with Black people’s pain and thus they are given less pain medication and little to no sympathy in painful situations.
Racism against White people does not exist. Me calling you a cracker might hurt your feelings but it could never oppress you. Was never used to oppress you. Your history is being Oppressor, not the oppressed.
Meanwhile you calling me a racial slur only enforces the engraved white is right superiority that is literally seeped in everything, from beauty standards to a human value and innocence. All around the world.
You have a million and one links provided for you. Now go learn.
What researchers discovered was surprising: Those who are described as ‘agreeable, conscientious personalities’ are more likely to follow orders and deliver electric shocks that they believe can harm innocent people, while ‘more contrarian, less agreeable personalities’ are more likely to refuse to hurt others.
The study also found that people holding left-wing political views were less willing to hurt others. One particular group held steady and refused destructive orders: ‘women who had previously participated in rebellious political activism such as strikes or occupying a factory.’
u dont fucken say
haha hoho I am not surprised in the least that people who prioritise niceness are more likely to be morally bankrupt
In other news: sky blue, water wet. More findings to follow.
No, you fucking can’t, because if you’re not defending a woman’s reproductive rights, you’re asserting that the government knows better how to manage her body. That’s not a defensive of rights, that’s support for the patriarchy. So fuck you.
If someone thinks it’s murder, that is all they need. Bodily autonomy is important, but if one thinks it’s murder then the woman’s bodily rights lose precedence.(To varying degrees, some believe they have the right to abort for the woman’s sake, or not at all.)That’s one of the pro-life opinions, and it’s understandable. That isn’t justification for forced ultrasounds, harassment of people going into health clinics, or institutional psychological abuse.
There is a lot of messed up, sexist stuff in the pro-life community(in a lot of communities) but also keep in mind one can be pro-life but not think it’s their place to interfere with a woman’s choice.
It’s almost as if it’s not as black and white as people think.
Oh but it is. The whole pro-life movement IS about interfering with a woman’s choice to be pregnant or not. It’s about taking away that choice to say no. That’s the whole point.
Yes, murder is bad. Yes, no one else’s rights should be allowed to trump a person’s right to live. But to equate the removal of a non-sentient bunch of multiplying cells to MURDER is to devalue a woman so much that her right to her life choices cannot even compare to what is, crudely put, a tumour with a decent but uncertain possibility of becoming a human someday.
You can’t be pro-life (fetus over woman) AND pro-choice (woman over fetus). They are mutually exclusive positions. The closest plausible position to that I can fathom is if one is in support of encouraging women not to abort, but ultimately giving her the choice, which is still firmly in the realm of the PRO-CHOICE camp.